Sunday, February 22, 2015


  • What new ideas have you been introduced to this week from your assigned readings and tutorials? 
    One thing that I learned this week was that it was not acceptable to use a paper for more than one class without both professors' permission. I was also introduced to intellectual property law, such as writing lyrics down, making it into a fixed form and therefore copyrighting it. I also learned about creative commons, a term that I had heard before but not something I knew much about.


  • How do you feel these ideas will affect your research practices in the future? 

     I think it will make me more aware of the work I'm citing and it will be more conscious about citing ideas not just words.


  • Are there any aspects of academic integrity and plagiarism that are unclear to you?

    No, There are no aspects of academic integrity or plagiarism that are unclear to me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    In last weeks readings on plagiarism I also learned a lot about how important it is to cite your work properly and to not take credit for the work of someone else. i never knew that students were doing the work for others or that some would simply take credit for the work done by another. I posted on my blog how the internet has made it so easy for people to copy and paste. Do you feel it is necessary for schools to have students submit their work into a system that can detect if the work is copied? Do you think this would help stop plagiarism in the future?

    ReplyDelete